What happened since our last post ?
We where very busy with following things:
- we did some tests with other DAM solutions (like Kaltura, Brightcove and others), but none of the existing solutions provides the flexibility we need for our project. So we went back to a "homemade" DAM;
– after testing the possibilities of editing the assets with a webapp, we decided to change strategy by programming a native Mac OSX software. More information about this will follow;
– the main actual issue is the financial side: it is very difficult to raise money for this kind of project, especially at this stage. We did several funding requests (lots of work), that are still pending – we hope that good news will come soon…
– the other issue was to find a brilliant programmer for building up our client software – and we found ! Since almost two months now he is working on this Mac OSX software, and we plan to release a beta version at the end of this summer
A post in the Walking the edit blog gives some complementary news.